Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Day 18 of 21 Days of Courage

Matthew 14:30
 


Like most people, I like to be comfortable. I like the temperature to be 70 degrees outside. I have a particular chair in my living room that I love to sit in. I have all kinds of personal preferences that make my life comfortable. And while there’s really nothing wrong with comfort I believe...

...to truly follow Jesus, you must renounce comfort
as the ultimate value of your life.

 
We’ve been talking the past few days about getting out of the boat, which means giving up your comfort. Whether it be your finances, a relationship, a job title - walking on the water will require letting go. So why risk it by getting out?  I believe there are many reasons —
  • It is the only way to experience real growth.
  • It is the way true faith develops.
  • It is part of discovering your calling.

I believe there are many good reasons to get out of the boat, but there is one that trumps them all - the water is where Jesus is.

The water looks daunting and dangerous but, the main reason Peter got out of the boat is that he wanted to be where Jesus was.

Do you want Jesus more than anything? More than success? More than fame? More than riches? If being with Jesus is your primary goal you’ll never regret stepping out of that boat.

-Pete

 

No comments: