Saturday, April 6, 2013

Modern Day Saul – Part 2


Modern Day Saul – Part 2
Yesterday we met Mualana, a modern day Saul who was persecuting Christ’s church in Indonesia. Today we continue his story.

As Mualana and the mob headed to the island of Ambon to destroy the church and its members, his heart began to soften. Noticing that Christians did not fight back when attacked he shares, “There was a change in my heart; slowly I began to love them.”

“One night,” he continues, “I was fasting and praying. I said, ‘God, you’re the one who created my heart; show me your righteousness.’ In the middle of my heart-crying, I saw a man appear to me. There was fresh blood spattered on the bottom of his white robe. He greeted me with ‘Salaam Al I Kum,’ (Peace be with you!). I tried to figure out who I had seen in my vision. It could be the angel of Gabriel, or Mohammed, or could be Nabi Isa, maybe He is Jesus.”

As time went on, Mualana became an Islamic magazine distributor. One day, while he was about his work, an old man saw him. “Mualana, come here,” the man called out. “I was waiting for you.” They sat down to a lunch of rice and noodle sarimi, and he prayed in the name of Jesus before the meal.
    
“After lunch, he brought me to a room,” continued Mualana. “He picked up a large Bible and opened it to John 14:27. It said, ‘I am leaving you with a gift, peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.’ At that moment, I confessed that Jesus is God! Jesus is great! I cried out and received Him, Isa, as the people of Ambon whom I’ve persecuted.”
One With Them
Like Paul, Mualana now serves Christ’s church. Be One With Them, with believers in Indonesia who once lived in darkness, persecuting the church, but now have seen the light of Christ. Praise God for these unlikely conversions.

One With Them CHALLENGE
Consider writing a letter of encouragement for Christians in Indonesia. Send a message today at prayer@odusa.org


4/6/2013

No comments: