Sunday, June 23, 2013

Finding Jesus - Part 3



Finding Jesus - Part 3
Yesterday, Elijah shared how he began reading the Bible and praying to Jesus. Today, we continue on his walk. 
                                                            
“For a week, I studied and prayed to Jesus. After seven days, I began to understand what I was reading!  When I read Mark’s Gospel, I remembered something. When I was 16, my grandfather gave me a book. My grandfather – the sorcerer/astrologer/priest/Buddhist strongman – gave me the book of Mark! To this day, I still don’t know how or where my grandfather got it. 

“The Bible was beginning to make sense, but despite what I was learning, I was also experiencing frustrations. Eventually, I slid into depression. I was so confused. I didn’t know if I still wanted to believe in Buddha and be a strong Buddhist like my family. Something in me was saying that Jesus was the way; that He would give me the answers; that He was God.

In my desperation, I thought of ending my life. So, I went deep into the jungle to hang myself from a tree. I was certain there was no one around. I cried. I screamed, ‘Jesus, if you are truly God, speak to me! Tell me what I should do. Tell me what I should believe in. Buddha, if you are God, then, you speak to me. Whoever speaks to me now, I will believe in him!’

“If you would have seen me that day, you would think I was crazy! Maybe I was! But I kept challenging God to speak to me that day. That afternoon, I heard God speak to me. I knew it was Him. He said, ‘My son, I have heard your prayer.’  I felt that only the true God could call me ‘son.’  And only He could save me from taking my own life. Jesus heard my prayer. He is the true God!”
Tomorrow we conclude Elijah’s story.
One With Them
Jesus talked of a “childlike faith.” That kind of faith that says YES when all the logic and reasoning point to NO. Thank You, Father, for your Word. Please be One With Them today as you praise God for His Word and for answering the prayers of believers.
(Name changed and other details withheld for the believer’s protection)

2013.06.15




See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are…
(1 John 3:1a)

No comments: