Tuesday, June 4, 2013

God Opens Doors in China – Part 2



God Opens Doors in China – Part 2  
Yesterday, we read Brother Andrew’s testimony regarding spreading the gospel in China. Today, we hear from Paul Estabrooks.

“Do you have any Bibles? We are in desperate need of Bibles. Next time when you come, you have to bring me Bibles,” a Chinese Christian said to an astonished Paul Estabrooks. Working at that time for Far East Broadcasting, Estabrooks was surprised that this lady dared to speak to him about the forbidden book. “I don’t know if I can even come back. Perhaps they will refuse me a visa next time.”

Auntie Esther was not fazed. “You will come back. God will make it happen.”
Two years later, Estabrooks found himself at the border. “It was a scary entry. There were no x-rays; instead my suitcase would be hand-searched. I made sure I had something with me to distract them. I took along a calculator that played a tune when you pressed a button. The Bibles weren’t discovered and I could take them to Esther.”

During the early years of Bible delivery Chinese Christians did not ask for anything else – only God’s Word. What started out as just a few deliveries, quickly turned into other opportunities. Estabrooks began to travel the country, together with Chinese co-workers, to secretly connect with local Christians.

In 1979, Mama Kwang, a Chinese Christian, approached Open Doors with a daunting request. “We need 35,000 New Testaments. Can you bring them to us?” The Open Doors team didn’t think it was possible considering the small number of Bibles that had been smuggled so far. “You pray,” Mama Kwang told them. “And we will pray. God will make it happen.”

Tomorrow we continue with Estabrooks’ testimony… and God’s provision!
One With Them
Can you imagine your walk with the Lord without a Bible? There are still many places around the world where Christians need Bibles. Open Doors delivered more than 2.4 million Bibles and other types of Christian literature last year alone. Please thank God today for His provision as you stand One With Them who do not yet have their own Bible.

2013.06.03



As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth. It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
(Isaiah 55:10-11)

No comments: