Friday, June 7, 2013

Purpose In Prison


 
Purpose In Prison
Solomon, an Open Doors Africa co-worker, was assigned to visit Mozambique. He was to find out if there were many Christians in prison or labor camps during the communist regime of the mid-1970's. In the middle of his research, he was arrested himself.
“In prison, all my possessions, including my Bible were taken from me. Then I was subjected to a cross-examination for six hours, after which I was thrown into a cell, exhausted. I had to sleep on a concrete floor without even a blanket. 
“Knowing that my heavenly father would never forsake me, I directed all my attention to my fellow-prisoners. Although I still had to sleep on the floor, and was harassed by malaria, bugs and gnawing hunger, I tried to talk about my faith as much as possible.
“I was given countless opportunities to preach to my companions. As I prayed for the sick, the Lord heard my prayers and healed them. It was of great support to my cellmates, and to me, to see His miracles. During my stay in prison, I led fifteen people to the Lord.
“Unexpectedly, I found out that there were more Christians in prison than previously believed. One day it became clear to me why I had to be arrested; first to bring the message of salvation to the lost ones in prison; and second, to strengthen my fellow Christians who were in prison.”
One With Them
Do you find yourself in challenging and overwhelming circumstances today? Consider how you can use your situation to glorify God. Pray for the many Christians around the world, like Solomon, serving Christ in prison. And stand One With Them in finding Christ’s purposes whatever the circumstances.

 
 
2013.06.06

 
Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
(Ephesians 6:19-20)
 

No comments: