Friday, June 14, 2013

Persecuted From The Womb - Part 1

Persecuted From The Womb - Part 1 
Elijah* was unusually well-built for a tribal man. He carried a confidence not often seen among his people. Working as a translator for visitors from other countries, his English was almost flawless, and he also spoke several other languages. The ability was of "divine origin," he once said. “I speak English and many Myanmar tribal languages because I asked God for it.”
Elijah, the youngest of four children, explained to a group of visitors. “In our community, my grandfather was known to have very strong connections with the spirit world. He could cast spells on people and could tell what was going to happen in the future. He saw things that ordinary people could not see. Some would say he was a priest in the spirit world. My father also had the gift of being able to see into the future, but it was not as strong as my grandfather.

“When I was in my mother’s womb, she had a dream. In it, somebody warned her that this baby would become a strong leader, but not in Buddhism. The baby would grow up, worship another god and become a leader in another faith. So, she tried to abort me by taking herbs to induce a miscarriage. Once, she even threw herself in front of a speeding car! But none of these things worked.
Against her wishes, she carried me to full term and eventually gave birth to me. But I was a sickly baby and spent most of my first year of life in the hospital. It is a miracle that I am alive today!”
Tomorrow, we continue with Elijah’s story.
One With Them
Be one with Elijah, as you pray this prayer:
“Our Father in Heaven, Holy is Your Name, Your Kingdom come, Your Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Thank You, Father, for Your Word, telling us that You formed us in the womb, and You have seen our entire life like a photograph in Your hand. You are in control, Father, and we thank You for sending us the Holy Spirit, to convict, guide, teach, and console us. We pray that Your Word and Your Spirit will change our hearts and minds. Praying in the Name above all names, Your Precious Son, Jesus. Amen.
*Name changed and other details withheld for the believer’s protection.


2013.06.13


Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.
(Proverbs 19:21)
 

No comments: