Tuesday, July 16, 2013

In The Name of Jesus - Creator



In The Name of Jesus - Creator
Maheen and her husband lead several house churches in Iran. But after her husband’s arrest she feared the same for herself. Bringing her petition before God she pleaded, “Dear Lord, I am not ready to go to a solitary confinement because of my faith. As you know, I was born and brought up in a wealthy family. Please don’t test me beyond my ability.” Three days later, the secret police knocked on her door.
Arguing with God Maheen avowed, “I have already asked you not to put me in this temptation. So whatever happens, it’s not my fault.”  But, to her surprise, when she arrived at the prison, “I felt God’s peace come down on me and my fear went away.”
That night she was taken before the high official. With the help of the Holy Spirit, Maheen shared, “It is an honor for me to talk to people about Jesus. Like all other people and Muslims, you also need Jesus in your life. Without Jesus, a person doesn’t have peace and life is hopeless and without purpose. Jesus laid his life down for you too, so that you can have salvation and not perish.”
The official responded in anger, “Do you know the consequence of all this? You cannot evangelize me. It will cost you a heavy charge.” Maheen responded, “If I don’t share the truth with you, I will be accountable to God about it. Therefore I can’t keep silent.”
Taken back to her cell she was unable to sleep wondering what would become of her. Then suddenly she heard a key in the lock. As she watched the door slowly open, to her surprise, standing in front of her was the high official!
“Don’t be afraid of me. I need your prayer.” He continued telling her how her testimony in the courtroom had a powerful impact on his life. “I need to be saved,” he pleaded. “I need Jesus in my life. I believe God has sent you to this prison so that you can share about salvation with me.” For three hours, Maheen talked to the official about Jesus. Repenting his sins he committed his life to Christ. A few days later, Maheen and her husband were released from prison.
One With Them
Be one with believers like Maheen, who share the gospel in spite of the costs. Pray during Ramadan that Iranian Christians will find solace in Jesus; that through the power of His name, many will be drawn to the Creator of all things. Pray also that God will continue to touch the hearts of Islamic leaders and officials so that they too will come to know God as their Savior.  

2013.07.16



“Through him all things were made.”
(John 1:3)

No comments: