Wednesday, July 31, 2013

In The Name Of Jesus - The Life



In The Name Of Jesus - The Life

Shedding tears of joy, twenty-members of the Gereja Pantekosta di Indonesia (GPDI) Church were unable to contain their emotions as they waited to greet their 59-year-old pastor, Bernard Maukar, as he was released from prison. Saying that he “grew stronger in his faith” while in prison, Pastor Bernard is praising God for our prayers.
Incarcerated for operating the church without a permit, Pastor Bernard shares, “At first I felt sad, because [I knew] I wouldn’t see my family for three months. But when I prayed, God continually reminded me that He loved me…I had more time to pray and read the Bible while I was in prison, and I grew stronger in my faith in the Lord [as a result].” 
Being in jail didn’t stop Pastor Bernard from sharing his faith with others. On one occasion, two Muslim prisoners asked him to pray for their healing. A few hours later the men were healed – they have since promised to come to Pastor Bernard’s church once they are released.
During his time in prison, an Open Doors worker was able to visit Pastor Bernard and give him a One With Them wristband. It was a reminder to him that he was not alone and that Christians around the world were praying for him. “I was strengthened when I learned that many people, whom I never knew, were praying for me. I really like the wristband. It was unique and many people in prison asked me where I got it,” smiling, Pastor Bernard adds. “Thank you for being with me!” 
One With Them

Indonesia, one of the most populated countries in the world, with around 240 million citizens, is 86% Muslim. This 17,000-island nation has more than 360 ethnicities, and 700 dialects; some estimate that the majority of the world’s “unreached people groups” are located here. But, as tiny as the Christian community is, it is strong! Embracing the “Great Commission,” Indonesian Christians boldly share the gospel message. Be One With Them as you pray during Ramadan for all Indonesians, just like these two Muslims that Pastor Bernard met while in prison, to come to know true Life in Christ.

2013.07.28



“‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.’”
(John 14:6)

No comments: