Thursday, July 25, 2013

In The Name Of Jesus - King



In The Name Of Jesus - King 
It has been three years since Laleh accepted the Lord Jesus as her Savior. “I came to know the Lord through several crucial events in my life. It all started when my sister-in-law gave me a Bible. Shortly after, I became interested in what I was reading and started watching the weekly teachings on satellite TV.  I was so captivated by what I heard through these teachings, that I began to participate in a small house church.” Joyfully, Laleh added, “I finally experienced the Lord’s peace. It was what I had been searching for all along! I know now that I found the real God.”
Laleh comes from a large Muslim family. While her conversion to Christianity would have caused controversy and strife within most Muslim households, Laleh has had a very different experience. “They are not hostile towards me,” she assures. “My family is accustomed to praying together; and also fasts together during Ramadan.” However, though Laleh is blessed to live in relative peace, her conversion has made life difficult. As a result, Laleh continually seeks to find ways to share the Gospel with her family. “I am committed to pray for my family members,” she states, “and I daily ask God to reveal to me an acceptable way to witness to them about Jesus.” One day, during her regular time of intercession, Laleh was struck with a creative solution. The Lord had answered her prayer!

Inviting her family for a tea party, they spent the afternoon chatting, eating cookies and fruit, while drinking tea. “Just before the end of the party I thanked my family for visiting my home as this is a normal custom in Iraq according to the rules of hospitality," Laleh shares. "Then I proposed that we pray for the relatives and friends we had been talking about during the party. At first everyone was quiet. After answering their questions, I again proposed that we sit down and pray. Surprisingly, they agreed! As they prayed, they struggled to find the right words. However, despite their hesitancy, I was excited to notice that everyone had experienced a new kind of joy through this time in prayer. This experience has encouraged me to invite my family members regularly. It is my deepest desire to share with them about Jesus, so that they too can know the real God.”

One With Them
Thank God that the tea party was such a success! Be One With Them, one with believers like Laleh, whose boldness to share about Jesus during Ramadan impacted her family for the Kingdom of Christ. As little as one decade ago, Iraq was home to one of the largest Christian communities in the Middle East. But today, due to war and oppression, a mass exodus is taking place. Christianity is on the verge of extinction. Join in prayer with our brothers and sisters in Iraq for a revival to take place. Pray that many Muslims will once again worship the true King!

2013.07.25

"See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey.”
(Zechariah 9:9)
 

No comments: